* Rehabilitation is a legal process to regain your solvent status.
* In order to be rehabilitated, all legal and financial tasks must have been completed.
* This can take up to four years and your trustee or liquidator has to give permission.
* After that, you may to apply to court for rehabilitation.
* If you can wait, you will automatically be rehabilitated after ten years.
* Once rehabilitated your sequestration status on your credit record will be removed.
Financial rehabilitation is needed when an individual is insolvent and his estate is subsequently sequestrated. Financial rehabilitation is therefore the process (whether it is automatic or made by an order of court) to rid the individual of his insolvent status.